Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wine dessert


Chocolate Cake with Red Grape Jelly , Merlot Reduction and Fresh Red Grapes.

Originally this recipe appeared in "Food & Wine" Mag as a molten cake with peanut butter filling , I thought that wasnt sexy enough , so I decided to add grapes to create a decadent dessert .
I made two presentations of the same cake , although I like the first one better, my friends told me the second was better -the one with the whole cake- .
I made the jelly by blending the grapes and then on a medium pan with olive oil , heat it untill it become a watery paste , then I added lemon juice -less than 2 tablespoons- , kosher salt and 3tbs of corn syrup .
The merlot reduction was made with granulate sugar and double boiling the wine for about 3 hours , I also added a secret ingredient that I am not revealing .

No comments: