Thursday, November 6, 2008

HALLOWEEN PARTY PLATE



HALLOWEEN PARTY PLATE: Shrimp egg roll , caramel apple and ginger-tossed chicken skewers with veggies.
One of my co-workers put together a Halloween party and I offered myself to cater to the event , so I had to cook something tasty , of good quality and yet , easy to handle , given that a lot of the people will be wearing costume , I came up with this:
Egg rolls stuffed with pickled cabagge , japanese black pepper , shrimp tossed in garlic teriyaky and fresh cucumber , although I bought the wonton paper and the teriyaky sauce , I pickled the cabbage and crushed the japanese pepper myself .
Second snack was ginger-tossed grilled chicken on skewers with cucumber , pineapple and bell pepper
And as a sweet ending , I added caramel apple slices ; I made the caramel from scratch with maple syrup , corn syrup , brown sugar , butter , whipping cream and salt , I crushed some mixed nuts and coated the apples on it , to balance the sweetness of the caramel .

No comments: