Sunday, September 28, 2008

End of the Meal: Refreshner

Homemade Watermelon Ice Cream

So it was a pain to make the watermelon paste , because the flavor was so sweet and subtle , I tried double boil , and didnt work much , after 3 hours , the water did not separeted from the juice , I was about to give up , so what I did , is that I just let the juice rest over night ... next morning , the pulp and the juice separated by itself , the juice was transparent and pure , like water , while the pulp was obviously red , so I tasted it and the juice was more concentrated , I discarded the pulp and just used the rest , plus milk , sugar and heavy whipping cream , I let the ice cream machine for 30 minutes , then rest on the freezer for 30 more minutes and finally air-seal it and let it rest for 8 hours ... the texture and flavor is awesome , as creamier as if it was store bought .

No comments: